YOUR CU, CHURCH AND STUDENT MINISTRY CONTACTS - 2002/3
Just click on a location to jump straight to that entry. Not included? Mail us your church or CU/fellowship details and we'll add you on!
- St Columba's Church
* Aberdeen: Aberdeen Christian Fellowship, Union Grove Aberdeen. An evangelical Baptist church with family services every Sunday at 11am Contact Pastor Richard Taylor on (01224) 212476 for more details.
Penrallt Baptist Church meets
at Lower Penrallt, Bangor for services at 10.30am and 6pm (7pm in the
Bexley: St John the Evangelist
in the village of Bexley in Kent
* Birmingham: The Crown, Handsworth Social Club, Farcroft Avenue, Handsworth. A church plant that has been meeting since 1999, we're part of New Frontiers International, under the wing of Jubilee Church, Coventry, and members of the Evangelical Alliance. We have a very multi-racial congregation with some members students at Aston University and UCE. We meet on Sundays from 10.30am-1pm, and have house groups and prayer meetings during the week. Call Martin White on 0121 681 1690, mail him on firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website
* Bolton: Family Church (affiliated to New Frontiers International). Meets Sundays 10am at Cherry Tree School, Highfield Road, Farnworth, Bolton. Contact Rob Coleman or call him on 01204 848786
* Brighton: Christ Church: "A brand new church for those who don't go to church". Keen to communicate the Gospel to your friends in a relevant, creative and fresh way? Come to church in a pub! Sundays at 4:30pm @ St Matthias Church is for families. Sundays at 7pm is church in a pub for students and young professionals. We meet upstairs in Circus Circus at Preston Circus. We hold midweek meetings to build one another up to reach out. We are a small, community church, committed to discipling students, loving one another and praying for our friends. Contact Carl at email@example.com
* Bristol: The Mustard Tree Community Church, Bristol www.themustardtree.com
City Church Central (serving
Bristol University and Central UWE campus). Meets at Cotham Grammar School,
Cotham Lawn Road, Bristol once a month and on Sundays at 10am. Student
cell groups at Bristol University and University of the West of England.
Student Alpha, hospitality, outreach to International students, etc. Church
Office: 0117 914 6615. Student co-ordinators: Stuart and Livy Gibbs
tel: 0117 914 5032
* Bristol: Ebenezer Evangelical Church, Filton Avenue, Horfield, Bristol. Lively family church with a real heart for students. Homegroups, Fusion cells, meals, outreach in high student populated local community, etc. For more details, contact Stewart North on 0117 9791399 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Evangelical Church, (FIEC) meets at 11am Morning Service, and 6pm
Evening Worship. The church is situated opposite
Whiteshill Common, Hambrook, near Junction 1 M32 Minister: Rev Martin
Moore 0117 956 8537.
* Camberwell/Peckham: The Well is a community church on the boarder of Camberwell and Peckham that has an
all age, multicultural membership. We run a number of projects, among
them a successful art Gallery (The House) on the high street, and the
Hope Primary School. Student cells, missions training, refugee work and
church planting also strongly on the agenda. Call the office at
02073261140 or email email@example.com
* Canterbury: St Mary Bredin Church is a large friendly church on the corner of Old Dover Road and Nunnery Fields, a 7-10 minute walk from the centre of Canterbury. We meet at 9.30am, 11.15am and 6.30pm each Sunday. There are a number of midweek network (home) groups, Alpha and a regular student/young adults meeting on Monday nights at 7.30pm. Contact our 18-25s co-ordinator, Lyndall Bywater or St Mary Bredin Church Office, 59 Nunnery Fields, Canterbury, Kent CT1 3JN Tel: 01227 435777.
* Cardiff: The City Temple. We are a city-wide church situated right in the heart of the city, close to the Millennium Stadium. We meet on Sundays at 10.45am and 6.30pm with a host of mid-week activities including 18-30s ministry on Wednesdays at 7.30pm. We are on Cowbridge Road opposite Sophia Gardens. For further info, contact Gary Reed or Stephen Harris on 029 20387741 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Cardiff: A warm welcome is extended to all students to Emmanuel Baptist Church.
We are based on the Gabalfa Estate in North Cardiff which is a 5/10
minute walk from the Talybont Halls. Our Sunday Services are at 11am and
* Chester: Hoole
Baptist Church We meet at 10.30am
and have a student lunch after every morning service. We have a student
cell that meets every fortnight plus many other opportunities to
be involved in the life of the church. Transport can be arranged.
Check out our website for more details or ring the
* Chester: Upton Baptist Church Moving to Chester to live or to study? We'd love to welcome you to Upton Baptist Church, on the north side of the city. We are committed to Christ-centred and bible-based preaching, and are keen to share the gospel with our community. We also want to provide a welcoming and encouraging environment for students, and to involve them in the life of what we hope is a caring and friendly church. We are enthusiastic about mission and are actively involved with a variety of mission ventures - local, national and overseas. Our services are at 10.30am and 6.30pm, and we share a Sunday meal together every month. Want to know more? Either visit our website or contact Colin Dyke (secretary) on 01244 341063.
* Colchester: The New Life Church in Colchester meets at the Royal Association for the
Deaf Centre in Colchester Virtually opposite the Colchester Town train
station. We meet on Sunday mornings at 10:30 and have home cell groups
on a Wednesday. We are members of the New Frontiers family of churches.
For further information please see our website
* Coventry: Jubilee Church, Coventry (part of New Frontiers) meets every Sunday morning at 10.30am at Bluecoat CofE School, Terry Road, Coventry CV1 2BA. Small groups also meet during the week in Coventry, Leamington Spa, Kenilworth, Rugby and Banbury. For info contact Carol (024 7622 5928)
Bethel Church, Denbighshire: Bethel Church is a church that has been recently
rebirthed, We enjoy an informal and relaxed atmosphere with a strong grace
emphasis. We meet at Eirianfa, Factory Place, Denbigh on Sunday mornings.
Contact for more details: Kurt Francis 01745 813599 or email Col1v27@aol.com
* Dartford: Christ Church - We are a Church of England 'family' based at the Christ Church building in Cross Road. Please contact Rev David Kitley on 01322 220036 for more details.
* Dartford: www.dartfordbaptistchurch.org.uk - We are a friendly Baptist Church at the bottom of West Hill in Dartford.
* Dartford: Wilmington Christian Fellowship - We are a friendly, welcoming, evangelical free church located in the village of Wilmington, near Dartford in Kent.
We are a church plant in association
with New Frontiers International. We meet on Sundays at 3pm at the YMCA
building, London Road, Derby, and have midweek cell groups across the
city. Students are very welcome and are regularly transported and fed!
An Alpha course starts in September. For further information contact:
Graham Pyman tel: 08707 300500
or Anthony Henson on 0116 235 4824.
St Giles' Normanton We
are an Anglican Evangelical Church with Sunday services at 10am and 6.30pm
on the southern side of the city of Derby. A warm welcome awaits people
of all ages. Contact Neil Barber on 01332 767483.
* Edinburgh:Morningside Baptist Church (MBC): MBC has services each Sunday at 9.30am, 11.00am and 6.30pm. You'll find us on holy corner in Edinburgh and do visit our website or call the office on 0131 447 9787 for more details. We look forward to seeing you soon!
* Edinburgh: Carrubbers Christian Centre, 65 High Street, EH1 1SR. We are a large-ish non-denominational evangelical church right in the centre of Edinburgh. We meet on Sundays at 11.00 and 6.30 for worship including Bible-centred teaching. There is much more going on too - as you'll find if you check out our website. Student Base at 8.30 on Sunday nights provides support, prayer, praise and teaching and a link to lots more stuff ( both serious and fun) specifically for the many students in the church. Contact our associate pastor David Anderson or the church office on 0131 556 2626 for more information.
*Gillingham (Dorset): Gillingham Community Church meets on Sundays at 10:30am at Gillingham County Primary School in the town centre (School Lane). Creche and Sunday School. Join us for family worship, visitors very welcome. Contact Peter Duke (01747 853972). See also: www.gillinghamcommunitychurch.co.uk
* Great Yarmouth: Kings Church - a thriving, growing church serving the borough, with worship, alpha, community action etc. and ambitious development plans for the future.
- We are a dynamic, growing church in the heart of Greenhithe, only 5
mins from Bluewater shopping centre.
* Huddersfield: Oakes Baptist Church has a thriving (and growing) ministry to students. We are about two miles from the town centre. Sunday services start at 10.30am and 6pm, with a midweek group on Tuesdays at 7.30pm. A key feature of the ministry is strong, Bible-based teaching and an informal style of worship which combines contemporary songs with traditional hymns. The church is also actively involved across all ages of the local community, including groups for toddlers and carers, a playgroup, kids club, youth ministry and over 60s. Contact: Rev Ian Burley 01484 648029, fax: 01484 452 172
St. Giles Christian Mission is a inner city Church in Islington. Our
main Service on Sunday is at 11-00 and we also have an informal service
at 6-30. Our worship is mainly contempory and we seek to teach the Word
of God in a relevent way. Our Web site is www.fsvo.com/stgiles
* Lancaster: Moorlands Evangelical
Church, Dumbarton Rd (corner of Balmoral Rd). Sunday family services
The Student Welcome Service on 21 October will be followed by lunch.
Contacts: Graham Rand, 2 St Johns School, Chapel Lane, Ellel, Lancaster LA2
0PW (tel 01524 751965; work: 593849) and Richard Ash, 16 South Ave, Morecambe
LA4 5RJ (tel 01524 415582)
(Part of the Newfrontiers family of
member of the Evangelical Alliance) meets on Sundays at 10.30am, City
Varieties Theatre, Swan Street, Leeds, LS1 6LW and also midweek in
community groups. Church tel: 0113 2280410. Church leader: Tony Smith.
* London: Every Nation Church. Not just a church for students, but a church with "one foot on the campus and one in the community" geared to reaching, raising and releasing students as leaders and influencers of tomorrow. We have registered active student societies at Brunel Uni (Uxbridge) and Imperial College (South Kensington), and a campus ministry at Queen Mary (Mile End) in the east. As a church we meet in Hammersmith in the Drew Theatre, The Reynolds Building, Imperial College medical campus, St Dunstan's road, at 11.00 & 17.00 on Sundays. Current attendance is about 400 per Sunday. Contact us at 020 8742 1876, or email@example.com, or check out our International ministry website at www.everynation.org. Members of the EA and Fusion.
* London (Fulham): Twynholm Church, Fulham Cross, Lillie Rd, Fulham, London SW6 7PP is a friendly, lively, Jesus-loving, Bible-centered church, and our main Sunday service is at 10.30am. For more details, please phone our 24/7 Answerphone: 020-7381 8518 or e-mail us. All welcome! Tune in to our Internet Radio
* Manchester: Holy Trinity Platt, Rusholme, Manchester, is a large parish church, with a very active student ministry. You'll find it on Platt Lane, half way between the Curry Mile and Maine Road stadium. The bible-focus of the Student Pastoral Team, Student Bible Study and parish activites attract around 200 students to the church, which has a congregation of 500. Contact Rev Tony Porter at the church office for more information. From January 2004 there will be 2 Sunday Morning Services as follows:9.45am (with children's ministry) 11.00am (no children's ministry).
* Manchester: Manchester: University of Manchester Christian Union (UMCU) – Meets together weekly with cell groups throughout the week. Plenty of information on the CU website.
* Manchester: South Manchester Family Church. Meets at Parrswood High School, East Didsbury. For detailed map, see website. Charismatic evangelical church, part of New Frontiers International and Evangelical Alliance. Gathering 150-plus on Sundays, meetings are lively with Bible-based preaching. There is a very cosmopolitan feel about the church with people from all sorts of backgrounds, cultures, ages and nationalities. We meet midweek in cell groups. For info contact us: office address - Kingsburn Hall, 814 Burnage Lane, Burnage, Manchester M19 1RS. Tel 0161 432 6041, fax 0161 718 8880, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Senior pastor: John Owen.
* Milton Keynes: Wolverton Evangelical Church
* Newcastle-under-Lyme: Chesterton Elim is a friendly, family church where you will find sound Bible teaching, sincere worship and hear about the Lord Jesus Christ.
Church: Northwest Church is a wide-ranging group of people who want
to become more
* Nottingham: St Andrews Church is a small, friendly city centre Anglican church on the corner of Mansfield Road and Mapperley Road. Sunday services are at 10.15am and 6pm. There are midweek home groups and an Alpha group, plus regular social events including a monthly church lunch. Its a good place to meet with God, and make new friends in a new city. Vicar: Rev Richard Clark 0115 9604961; church office: Terry Young and Nikola Voce 0115 9120098.
* Nottingham: St Lukes is a small, but growing and friendly Anglican church in West Bridgford, and a member of the Evangelical Alliance. We have just taken on the training of a new Youth Worker and our new church centre extension is now open. We meet in cell groups midweek. More information can be found on www.st-lukes-gamston.org
* Peckham: All Saints is a thriving evangelical Anglican church in the heart of our local community, with a commitment to building missional groups in London's university campuses. We're involved in universities south of the river, including London South Bank University, Goldsmiths and the University of the Arts. For more information and a warm welcome to Southeast London, please contact Ed@allsaintspeckham.org.uk, or come along to a service at 10.30am or 7pm - address and directions at allsaintspeckham.org.uk.
* Peterborough: We are a New Frontiers International Church and a member of EA. We meet on Sundays at 10.30am and 6pm at the Nene Family Church Centre, 139 Fletton Avenue, Peterborough PE2 8BY. Office phone 01733 552227. Elders Dave Chapman 01733 755631, Les Howard 01733 391189, John L Wilson 01733 332795.
* Pontypridd: Temple Baptist Church, Pontypridd. We are a lively
family church and welcome all students. We are located in the town
centre, within walking distance from Glamorgan University. Our Sunday
services are at 11am and 6pm. For further information please visit our
website or email email@example.com
* Portsmouth: Solent Community Church meets at St Luke's Community Sports Centre, Greetham Street, Portsmouth every Sunday, 10am for coffee and donuts, 1030am start. We have several Community Groups (cells) that meet midweek, some of which have a Student focus that we would love to see you at. Further info is available from our Student Workers: Matt & Jennie Hogg on 023 9282 9830; email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website
*Preston: Central Methodist Church is a city centre church with a diverse membership involved in many social areas, from our Fox Street Night Shelter, beneath the church, to our Child Contact Centre. The University of Central Lancashire Methodist Chaplain Maureen Abson is a member here.
* Reading University CU - the Christian union is a group of students who are committed to Jesus and each other. There's about 100 of us and we want to grow in faith and to share that with those around us. We welcome you to come along to all the CU stuff on here. It can be a pretty lonely place at uni and we think that friendships which are based on honesty are really vital - so visit www.reading.christianunion.org.uk
* Sheffield: Elim Pentecostal Church, Lee Croft, Sheffield. We are a mutliracial, city centre church. Our Sunday services are at 11.00 am & 6.30pm. We have mid week cell groups. Web site: www.elimchurchsheffield.org.uk. Minister: Paul Edwards 0114 2699951
* Stockton-on-Tees: Hebron Evangelical Church First Sunday of month: Family Service 10.30am Breaking of Bread 6.30pm Other Sundays: Breaking of Bread 10.15am Evening Service 6.30pm Thursday Fellowship 7.30pm Find happy Christian fellowship with us. Further details from Graham or Andrea on 01642 886133.
* Stoke: For students at Staffs Uni or Keele Uni. Birches Head Christian Fellowship meets at Birches Head High School, Birches Head Road, Hanley, for lively, modern worship at 10.30am each Sunday. Contact Pastor Phil on 01782 641033.
Coldfield: Duke Street
Chapel, Duke Street, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands B72 1RJ 0121
355 7319 Pastor: Bruce Murray. Evangelical church, close to Birmingham.
Morning service at 10.30am and evening service at 6.30pm.
* Walsall: Grace International Centre, Leamore Lane, Walsall, West Midlands - lively church with a heart for people, 1,000-seat auditorium with coffee shop, State of the Art audio/visual. IT Training. Learn Direct Centre. Christian Childrens School. Sunday service 6.30pm. Tel 0870 745 4786 E-mail: email@example.com web: www.GraceCentre.com
* Warwick: Myton Church, which meets at Myton School, Myton Road Warwick, is an independent evangelical church that's popular with students from Warwick Uni. The church runs a minibus each sunday from campus and is involved and supportive of the Warwick Uni CU. Contact Kim Hubbard or Pearl Pawson at Myton Church office on 01926 419777 and firstname.lastname@example.org
VINEYARD 1st AVC Vineyard
in N Wales. Interesting site contains details of meetings, various written
and collected sermon material/talks and links to other national and local
vineyards. E MAIL: email@example.com